Duration: Each speaker will be given two presentation slots: the first consisting of a 20 min introduction to their topic and the second, a 45 minute Deeper Dive.
Presentations: The content of every presentation must be in compliance with copyright law. Speakers must inform Macstock organizers beforehand of any third-party material that will be used in their presentations and seek written permissions to copyrighted materials when applicable. Macstock cannot assist with this process or act as a consultant on individual cases.
Speaker waiver: All Macstock speakers and other stage presenters must complete the Speaker Form, giving Macstock the right to edit and distribute audio and/or video of their presentation with proper attribution given to the speaker within the introduction, titles, or credits of the audio and/or video recording.
Speakers MAY: record their own audio and/or video of their presentation(s) and use those recordings in any way the speaker sees fit. Macstock does not assume copyright (ownership) of materials presented by its speakers.
Content: If talks violate the guidelines below, we reserve the right to insist on their removal from Macstock branded distribution outlets.
- No commercial agenda.
- Speakers should not use their presentation time to blatantly promote their own products, books, or businesses or those of a company which employs them.
- Speakers may not display banners, signage, or utilize other blatant promotional materials for their business while giving their presentation from stage at Macstock.
- The only exception is where they have specifically been invited to give a product demonstration, or to describe the ideas in their book, and here the focus should still be on the technology and/or the ideas.
- Speakers who wish to promote their business to attendees may purchase a Macstock Sponsorship.
- No talks with an inflammatory political or religious agenda, nor for polarizing “us vs them” language. We seek to build consensus and provide outside-the-box thinking, not to revisit familiar, unresolvable disputes on these topics.
- No discrimination on the basis of economic or social status, race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability.
- No incitement to violence or promotion of hate.
- No spammers.
- No jerks – as determined by Macstock organizers and volunteers.
Payment: Macstock Conference & Expo (“Macstock”) does not pay its speakers. Macstock speakers receive a complimentary full registration, but hotel, airfare and travel expenses are not covered.
Sponsors: Sponsors have no editorial control or veto power over Macstock speakers.
updated: December 1st, 2017