Macstock Short Film Festival 2023
Get your camera rolling and be part of the action, the Macstock Short Film Festival will be back for its second year at Macstock VII!
Hosted by Wally Cherwinski, the 2nd Macstock Short Film Festival gives those attending Macstock a chance to relax as each day winds down by sharing first-run screenings of videos made by your friends & family within the Macstock community.
Would you like to be part of the “Lights, Camera, Action”? Enter your own production in the Macstock Short Film Festival!
To take part in this year’s Film Fest, put together a short video (less than 2 1/2 minutes please) from some new or old footage and submit it!
The Macstock Short Film Festival rules for your production are simple:
- Submissions are open to all Macstock VII in-person attendees (we want to meet your smiling face!)
- Videos may be shot with any camera
- Preferably edited on a Mac or iOS/iPadOS device
- Video should be created within the past 3 years
- Submitted videos should be no longer than 2:30 (2 minutes, 30 seconds)
(Videos that are a bit longer may be considered, only if time allows)
- All final video submissions must be received no later than July 8th, 2023
- Even if your video isn’t ready, the sooner you let us know one is coming, the better!
The Macstock Short Film Festival is not a contest and there are no prizes, but it IS a celebration of the creativity waiting to be discovered within the Macstock Community! We’ll share and entertain you with as many videos as we can, so let us see what you can do!
The number of submissions we can accept and screen during Macstock Weekend is limited, but we’ll show as many videos as we can during the Macstock Film Festival. If we have more submissions than we can share during the time available, we may release your video as part of the Macstock VII Digital Pass for others to enjoy later.
Ready to begin?
Grab your camera or iPhone, record some memorable moments, and share your creative efforts with Macstock’s audience!
Complete the form below to send in your video submission now OR to let us know you plan to submit a video later. If needed, we’ll follow up with information on where and how to upload your submission when it’s ready.